Ofcom complains

Ofcom wants to hear what citizens think about its new policy against Silent Calls - BEFORE 9 JANUARY 2006.

I have prepared a guide for the benefit of those who may be looking to contribute to the Ofcom consultation on the new Silent Calls Policy that was introduced on 31 October 2005.

I hope this will be found to be useful by those who are deeply interested in this matter or who are simply following the story.

It is available in MS-Word, HTML and PDF formats.

I encourage anyone who feels strongly about my campaign, negatively or positively to contact me.

David L Hickson

80A Beaumont Road LONDON W4 5AH

Tel: 020 8723 9756 Tel: 020 8994 4372

Thank you

David Hickson

Reply to
Silent Calls Victim

The phone rings. I pick it up and say hello. There's no-one there. I put it down.

And the problem is?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

The message from "shazzbat" contains these words:

The problem is when it does it several times at night. Normally I'd just leave it off the hook but Mum was in hospital with a suspected stroke so that wasn't an option.

Anyway - it's clearly someone maliciously trying to get people to ring his personal number - he probably knows about it by now!

Reply to
Guy King

Spamming a car group with un-related email by people like this is the problem.

I see this idiot's number is available I'd call him up and tell him not to do this.

But I will call up and hang up at least 50 times before doing so.

Reply to
Garland

Registration with the TPS sorted mine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmm. It may well be. But where? Links?

If you can get that sort of thing so wrong, how effective is any 'campaign' likely to be???

I've never found OFCOM at all useful in any problems I've ever had. It's either not their problem or they can't do anything about it.

Reply to
PC Paul

The message from "Garland" contains these words:

You don't seriously reckon it's the person who's phone number is shown doing the spamming, do you? It's someone pissed off at him trying to make his life miserable.

Reply to
Guy King

Silent Calls Victim wrote on Tue, 03 Jan 2006

02:52:39 +0000: What the hell?

I've followed your campaign (or is that obsession) with vauge interest in uk.telecom, but it's rather off-topic for uk.rec.cars.maintenance, don't you think?

I would certainly say that spam is a worse problem than silent calls, just going by the relative amounts I recieve.

Please, stop multi-posting this, before I start my own campaign...

Reply to
David Taylor

Guy King wrote on Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:17:25 GMT:

No, in this case, I do beleive that he is for real. If you look back through uk.telecom, there's a lot of history...

Reply to
David Taylor

I'd call him up, but not tell him anything. Let him think he is getting a silent call.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2