Official MOT manuals now on- line

Im on my 2 day refresher course this week (every 5 years). All the official mot manuals are now on line, these are the ones we work from.

Tow bar testing & some of the number plate fail criteria is coming back, both of these take effect 27th april 09.

The examiner was saying trailer testing is being looked into but could be at least 3 years before anything was to come of it. Bit of a minefield as to what is to be tested, how it is to be tested ect ect.

Reply to
reg

"reg" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Are they different to what we've always been assuming was the official info at

? It's good to have the official site - but just wondering if there's going to be any surprises compared to what we're used to.

Reply to
Adrian

cant really comment on the other site as i dont use it, but ive just had a look & ive noticed some of the pages hav'nt been updated any updates on the vosa pages will have a blackline down the page next to the updated section & an issue date at the bottom.

Just had a quick squint at the other site & ive noticed some of the pages havent been updated. Issue Date 10th January 2005 anuary 20

Reply to
reg

"reg" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

And that's on stuff that's been updated by VOSA since then?

Reply to
Adrian

just had a look on the Vosa site & found tyres

which list some items that have been updated as you can see by the thick black line. but by the looks of it they havnt been updated on the other site
under condition of tyres.

Reply to
reg

Now I know what my car *will* fail on. :(

Reply to
Hiram

or pass, you have to remember its the minimum standard the vehicle is tested to at the time of test.

Reply to
reg

Good start, now wouldn't it be nice if all the other rules we are legally bound by were online for free as well?

It's a bit ridiculous that they aren't, really.

Reply to
PCPaul

PCPaul gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

They're becoming so. Any and all laws passed in the UK since around 1990 or so are online in full.

Reply to
Adrian

New laws, or amendments to existing ones are. BUT AFAIK the laws the amendments apply to *aren't* online, making them pretty much useless, and most of the laws I've ever tried to look up are way older than that anyway.

Reply to
PCPaul

THANKYOU VERY MUCH. As I've said in the past, motuk.co.uk is not an official site and at best is a guide and not the definitive answer.

Reply to
Conor