OffSide brake light not working - 406 coupe

I have a 1999 peugeot 3.0L 406 coupe, my offside stop light doesn't light up when the brake pedal is pressed , I've replace what looked like a good bulb, but to no avail. The nearside bulb is behaving as it should.

Any ideas of suggestions gratefully received..

..Tony

Reply to
Tony

Before getting too involved in belling out the wiring loom there's a fairly common mode of failure - which is the sprung connection from the bulb holder to the pad on the base of the bulb weakening such that it doesn't make contact when a bulb is inserted (particularly if the stop light is a combined stop/rear light 2 filament bulb). If this is the case you might need to prise the connection forward a millimetre or two.

Failing that, I think you need to check the integrity of the wiring loom back to the brake pedal.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Both lights are on the same circuit. So if one works then the wiring as far as the back of the car is ok. Either a broken wire at the rear or a bad connection on the lamp, (probably the latter).

John

Reply to
John