Oh, right.

The Shogun's decided to lose brake fluid. Rapidly. Even when not in use.

That'll be why.

The inner pads on both sides are utterly invisible when it's all together, and the caliper sliding/locating pins on the RH side were both utterly rounded off.

I knew the outers were very low, and the disks manky, but... Turns out that the RH inner pad was making a bid for freedom, thanks to a broken clip, which allowed the piston to pop out of the caliper.

The LH pad & disk were worse, but they'd stayed in place. The piston's "only" wedged at an angle in the caliper.

At least the flexis undid easily from the calipers.

Reply to
Adrian

I had a CX once where a rear disk completely disappeared, but the pads/pistons stayed together and it didn't lose any fluid. No idea how long I had been driving it like that.

Reply to
newshound

I bought a GSA once with only one rear disk fitted. Some kind person had unbolted the hub nut, put a crowbar into the caliper and bent the mount to 45deg, so they could just slide the disk out, unbolt it from the hub, then bolt the hub and wheel back on...

Reply to
Adrian