Oh yes...the Favorit's binding brakes...

For those who remember/care.

Driving along recently the car was struggling to maintain 40mph on the flat (yes, it's a Skoda, but even so...). In frustration I put my toe under the brake pedal, pulled it upwards, and the car lurched forwards as though something had hit it up the arse!

FFS!

I've greased and adjusted the actuating rod now. *Ahem*

Anyone want to buy a couple of brand new flexible hoses, two new bleed nipples, and a half litre bottle of DOT4?

Thank christ I didn't buy a pair of calipers!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

lol.

You have checked the mat isn't pushed up under the accelerator as well? It might go even better

(The voice of bitter experience...)

Reply to
PC Paul

:o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

This the rod on the Servo? Can be a git to get right. Too tight, it binds, at least it did on the Estelle, too slack and it meant you had a weeks wait between pressing the pedal finding brake resistance. And the difference was about as wide as the c*ck on a chocolate mouse.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That's the chappy.

That's the chappy *Sigh*

Hehehehehe!!!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Oh I miss the Simplicity of Old Skodas. I upped the boost on the GT4 Wednesday night. I was relieved to find,=20 that for small increases, a =A315 ball and spring T-piece based controller= =20 does as well as =A3300 solenoid based electronic one. Not if I was=20 doubling boost then fair enough, I would want something that does some=20 thinking, but for a 2-4PSI increase it isn't needed.=20

And once fitted, adjustment is simple. Clockwise, more=20 "Whooooooooooosh", Anti-clockwise, more Fuel economy. Nice simple,=20 almost luddite. Much like the principle of the turbo. =20

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

There's a lot to be said for technological advances, obviously, but a balance of new and old would be nice. Do Vauxhalls still allow the clutch to be replaced with the engine and gearbox in situ, I wonder? I doubt it, but that's the sort of thing I like to see. Radiator cowlings which are split half way down so that you don't have to remove half of the car's front end get to belts etc., oil filters which are visible...

Manufacturers don't want us greasy-fingered lot fettling with their cars though, do they?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Not likely. Have you seen the "Cover all, and hide everything" cover on a Fabia Classic?

It is just clipped on and uses the oil cap, and the dipstick to hold it in place. The oil cap doesn't even screw into the rocker cover anymore.

And can you guess what is under that ultra modern funky smooth all encompassing cover?

A dirty looking alloy rockered 1.4 8v distributorless version of the 136 engine.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

o yes, the 'ducking mats.

--

-- Kind Regards Neil B Orange CS - +447837614753 Live Life in the Fast Lane -

Neil