Oil change time, here's a Q

I've got a '07 MX5 Sport and a '02 TDCI Focus. Over the easter w/e I bought some Halfords fully synthetic 5w30 A5 ( the Ford spec one ) since it was only =A31 more than the semi synthetic variety I used for both cars last time around.

My question is , which car would I be best to use this in ? I only change the oil yearly and currently both cars will do < 5k miles in a year ( unless I get a job LOL )

The Halfords web page does not recomend this oil for either car but the MX5 handbook says it likes 'A3/A5 ' and the blurb on the packaging says the oil is also suitable for the old ( ***-b ) Ford spec.. so it could in theory go in the Focus instead.

HMMM !!!! Big decision here ;-)

How come Mazda only specify 5w30... when Ford/ Audi/ Vauxhall specify their own standards ?

Simon

Reply to
mr p