Oil filter removal tool

Too close to the edge of the undertray.

And in any case, I'd rather change the filter from above the car. I can drain the oil easily enough by just raising it a little. To change the filter from below would mean getting under the car. But if there were a nut on the filter could slacken it from below quite easily.

Changing the filter from above is easy enough although a fiddle. Once it is slackened.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Matal band strap worked for me over many years. No problemo. Just beware that it is not adjustable, need the exact size for the filter. Not a problem for me as I only have 1 car.

Reply to
johannes

I did a GM SAAB oil change a little while ago and that had the BMW style setup. Hurrah, I thought when I picked up the filer. Only some buffoon had mounted it at the back of the block, most of the way down, just above the exhaust.

A boggo can filter would have been a lot less messy.

Reply to
Scott M

Possibly the best reason for not changing cars too often!! I rather like coming back to filters I put on the previous time :-)

Reply to
Scott M