oil for 1.6 16v mk4 astra

is it best to use semi synthetic?

i have seen an advert for my local National tyres depot which offers an oil and filter change, with semi synthetic oil for £15. Is this a good deal? It is Duckhams oil which they use according to the advert.

Reply to
manoman

In September, National carried out an oil/filter change, a safety check, including a brake examination with all wheels off and rear drums cleaned, and an MOT for a total of £36. The oil used was Duckhams QXR, SAE 10W/40, which is within the specification for my Nissan Almera. This sees like very good value to me - at this price, it's not worth getting your hands dirty. The staff were courteous & helpful, but my only criticism is that the oil was slightly overfilled. Nevertheless, they'll definitely be getting my business next year.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Thanks Terry, I am mainly concerned about the quality of oil. I have always used Castrol GTX in my 8 valve motors. This is my first 16 valve and I want to keep it maintained, so will be changing the oil at least every 6 months. At £15 a shot that is nice and cheap and easy.

Phil

Reply to
manoman