Old Fiesta heater problem

My son's girlfriend's Fiesta's heater isn't working. 'S' Reg bog-standard Fiesta.

She discovered this, apparently, last Winter (she bought it in Summer). In other words, I don't think it's ever worked.

Through Googling this group and others, I read that the heater is controlled by an electronic gizmo on the bulkhead. I also read

*somewhere* (but I can't find the thread now!) that this gizmo has its own 20amp fuse.

I looked in the fuse box, and there's no 20amp fuse at all. (There are 3 or 4 fuses missing, but that's not really unusual, I know.)

As you may have guessed, we haven't got the Owner's guide, nor even a Haynes (yet).

I'd be grateful if anyone can:

(a) confirm that the heater thermostat *does* have its own 20amp fuse and

(b) if so, why the fuse wouldn't be there? First guess might be incompetence on the part of a previous owner, second guess might be a disastrous leak into the floor pan, cured by disabling the heater by removing its fuse!??

Cheers John

Reply to
jal

it is run by a 15a fuse F13. but usually the fault is the valve itself

Reply to
Mrcheerful