old mondeo (95) heat gauge

Hi, just come across an old mondeo, 80,000 miles on the clock, a question about temps.

I ahve experieince of a 18td mk2 mondeo, temperature barely ever hit the middle, however on this older model, 1.8 petrol, the needle can move quite significantly in the space of a minute or two, from the N on normal, right up to the A, it seems to be able to handle idling no problem though.

Is this kind of behaviour fine? Can I expect the vehicle (serviced a few days ago) to function fine at these temps?

thanks

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz

Sounds ok. 'er indoors' 1.6 Escort will head a similar way up the gauge when there's little air-flow and pretty rapidly too.

Reply to
Scott M