Older Vauxhall Diesels

Currently looking around for an older Vauxhall diesel ( 1997 -

2001 ) and in my occasionally faulty mind I seem to recall hearing (long ago) that they were fitted with either an Isuzu engine or ???.

I was also told to avoid one of them at all costs. Can anyone help me out with the other engine and which you should avoid.

Cheers,

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Yes, they are. 1.7 and 2.0. I seem to recall that some 1.7s were not Isuzu donks.

The indirect injection 1.7 is a perfectly workable donk from my perspective. As seen powered Cavaliers through Astravans up and down the land.

The earlier 2.0 direct injection isn't intercooled - badged DT - and produces less power than the DTi (~81 versus 100 PS). Fuel consumption is comparable between the two.

It might depend on your perspective - the Isuzu donks are not as refined as more modern stuff, but are just as economical and do without the potential for common rail issues and the later 1.3 / 1.9's potential for electronic tricksies.

If you want a Vauxhall diesel from this age I suspect you're pretty much going to get an Isuzu-derived engine...

Reply to
DervMan

vauxhalls own engine

having worked on both model of engines id have to say the Isuzu engine is the strongest out of the two & had the least problems, we use to service vauxhall taxis before they were replaced with VW's & they all had the Isuzu engine fitted.

Reply to
reg

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

And apparently they are very popular in Malta for making mental stupid power small car drag racers.

Reply to
Elder

LPG injection?

Reply to