Omega Diesel and Viruses

Took a decent length drive in the Omega today, and I've got to say it drives bloody well and I really did enjoy driving it. Average mpg was about 28, doing a *lot* of hard driving, exploiting the power and all that (kick down galore!). I reckon the performance and economy are exactly as they should be, and have absolutely no doubt that there's absolutely bugger all wrong with the diesel pump or anything like that.

Anyway, that's that.

Now, this f****ng virus I've got myself lumbered with - basically when going through all my spam to delete it, I just highlighted the mail with the virus in (just by holding down shift, and going down through the list) - the email itself was technically open (not in a separate window, but in the bit where you view it in OE5), but the attachment didn't show up in the corner of the email (though it showed up on the list) and opened itself. Would having OE6 cure this problem, as I never open attachments unless I'm 100% sure who they're from ???

Anyway, I bloody stupidly booted it up into safe mode command prompt only, and deleted the exe file, and now I can't run any program whatsoever as the scum who wrote the virus made it so that if it's deleted it refuses to run any application. It lets me into internet explorer, as that's a more integral part of the shell, or something.

Anyway, now I've got all these files on my hard disk that I need to back up, but have no way of doing it. Does anyone reading this have the facility to put my laptop hard drive in their computer as a second drive so I can get the files off it - obviously someone with a CDR drive would be a big advantage, though I do have a USB CD-RW drive.

If anyone can help, *please* mail me at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com - I'll be touring the country tomorrow looking at Audis, and may well be in your area!

Cheers,

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"AstraVanMan" mumbled:

Ah...the preview window opens it just as surely as reading it.

Reply to
Guy King

So how do you think the ride and handling compares to the Carlton?

Reply to
rp