Omega MV6 - Position Sensor (Front Lower Suspension Arm)

Whilst checking the bushes in the suspension arms i noticed what looks like a position sensor on the near side front suspension arm.

Does anyone know what it does?

Reply to
Mike

It is the level sensor for your xenon head lights. You have one on the back arm too. Cos the head lights are so bright, to stop you blinding on coming cars you don't have an adjuster inside, but 2 automatic level sensors on your suspension.

Reply to
me140

Ah, nice one, thanks!

Reply to
Mike

"me140" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk:

Brilliant idea. How many people actually set the adjuster properly when laden, rather than simply set it at the highest level and leave it there?

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Hardly any do, probably the same idiots that drive about with front foglights on during the day. They either don't know what the switches do and just turn them, or put them on to look different. What a shame cars don't have a fog sensor to prevent the foglights being used in any other condition than fog.

Reply to
Ian

"Ian" wrote in news:45f30df6$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

LOL. Even more of a shame there's no prat sensor built into the immoboliser ;-)

Stu

Reply to
Stu

It would be a step in the right direction if they were on a timer, much like the heated rear window

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Agreed, people really don't understand the meaning of the phrase 'must not use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced'.

Reply to
Mike

In message ysFIh.57265$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net, Mike Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

Not sure about that... knowing my luck, it'd time out just as a massive truck was steaming up behind me on the M1...(in thick fog) Maybe it could have an irritating 'ping' every minute or two while they were turned on...?

Reply to
ChrisM

Well I do, I set mine so that when I`m what I consider to be the correct safe distance behind another car, my lights cut off somewhere well below his rear window line. I often carry heavy gear in the back of my Zafi and I use the headlights leveller a lot.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)