Omega V6 - Exhaust gas recirc ?????

This is a little long, so please bear with me:

I have a V plate Vx Omega 2.5 V6 (31k on clock and had from 6 months old).

I don't do that many miles but I have been doing a few extra trips due to a family crisis. When on the Motorway yesterday I noticed that there was a more blowey note from the tailpipe when the accelerator pedal was pressed. After 30/40 mins of driving it then was back to normal.

Then engine note, temp, and all fluids appear fine and performance as normal which it without the "blowey" note. I have checked the exhaust an its fine, and no obvious loose or disconnected pipes in engine bay (not confirm pipes as was dark but will check at W/end)

I went on a trip again last night and it started doing it again, about

10/15 mins I think after started driving (again motorway use). Again, slightly blowey tailpipe note when accelerate flat to floor easing off in proportion to the accelerator released. Not do it wen cruising and is almost as if there is something flapping inside the exhaust / silencer ?

After about 20/30 mins was still doing it. I accelerated hard to pull away from White van man who was in my boot and he presto it went away again - I then looked in my rear view mirror and the white van was no more as he was some distance away separated by a blanket of smoke/soot/mist ????. All is fine now (car was fine on way back from Stafford) and I can only deduce that whatever was inside the exhaust making a noise (if this is what it was) shot out like a bullet (scarred the pants off white van man :) ) followed by a bit of carbon/crap/smoke for a second and then exhaust clears itself and all is well.

What the heck was happening ????? As I said, it appears fine now.

Sombody has mentioned EGR (Exhaust gas recirc). Am I right in thinkig that this is the valve in the engine bay on the LH V6 bank on the top ?

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Probably a loose baffle or something in the exhaust.

If only you could get it to do that every time WVM is behind!

Reply to
SimonJ