Omega v6 vacuum hoses

Question 1:

I've got a 1997 Omega 2.5v6. I noticed a split vacuum hose to the inlet manifold, one of 4 that connect to the back of the upper section of the inlet manifold. This hose goes to the emission control purge valve but there isn't a hose on the other connection. I think it should go to the charcoal canister but I don't have any spare hoses in there. There is a stiff plastic hose coming through the body just behind where the fuel lines come through, is this what I need a hose to connect to?

Question 2:

While looking around I see a vacuum hose hanging at the bottom of the ram air intake system but I can't see what it should be connected to. It has the plastic pipe still in the rubber elbow adapter so it's broken off something. The line goes up around the engine to the back. There is another vacuum line going down from the top of the ram air intake and is teed to a valve there (the intake duct solenoid valve?) and then goes down to a block that seems to be fastened at the bottom of the assembly. I can only see the one hose going to it but this one that is broken off could reach to it. I think I'm going to have to pull the air intake out to see what's what but if anyone has an idea of what I'm talking about comments would be appreciated :-)

Reply to
rp

You'll undoubtably get a very good response to your detailed questions over on CavWeb

- on the rear-wheel drive forum (which seems to be down, Again!). Need to register (free) but fantastic knowledge base in there on the Omega.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Thanks Mike, I'll go there.

Reply to