Online Source of **standard** suspension springs?

...for my wifes mk2 mondeo? Loadsa sites have lowering kits and tuning stuff but can I find a set of standard springs?

Go on, show me how wrong I am, I dare you... :)

Thanks.

Mike Barnard

You'll probably find that it's cheaper and easier to go to the local Ford dealer to order them.

Reply to
SteveH

Standard springs aren't listed on the site, but they do supply them; one of their shops is near me. Give them a ring.

Alternatively

- same thing, thoughthey won't be as cheap.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

What the hell is it with people and the obsession with buying online?=20 Do you think that because it's online it'll be cheaper? Cou;dn't be=20 further from the truth. Ebay illustrates this nicely with second hand=20 tat going for more than the new price.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Er, I'm a lazy sod who like parcels delivered to my door? Or maybe I just want to check that there isn't a cheaper suplier out there for the same item, even including p&p. If I don't look, I may miss a half price sale!

You sound like someone who's been stung, lol.

Mike Barnard

As said below Steve, gotta check!

Mike Barnard

Thanks. I'll look them up.

Mike Barnard

Actually, the other way around. Best one so far is selling an Xbox 360=20 Core system for =A3440 when they were released.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Seeing as a spring is usually around the =A315 mark and postage will be=20 the thick end of a tenner, unless you can find someone doing at least a=20

50% discount, you'll not beat the price of a local motorfactors/main=20 dealer.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Lucky lucky git! :)

Mike Barnard

What the hell is it with people and the obsession with buying online? Do you think that because it's online it'll be cheaper?

No, but it frequently is, even taking into account P&P.

Cou;dn't be further from the truth.

Not so. I recently bought a new OEM BMW boot roundel, in it's original packing, to replace the one on my E39 which was looking a little tatty for £5.49 inc P&P. Around £11 plus VAT from BMW.

Ebay illustrates this nicely with second hand tat going for more than the new price.

Always worth looking though, providing one does ones homework. Checking new and used prices etc, it's frequently possible IME to find what you want at a bargain price. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Er, where do you get a suspension spring for fifteen quid? For a pushbike? Seriously, where.

Mike Barnard

The message from Mike Barnard contains these words:

They're only £12 or so from GSF for some Polos. £11.50 for early Golfs.

Reply to
Guy King

Range Rover - £10.58 from

There isn't much technology in a coil spring.

Reply to
Autolycus

The message from "Autolycus" contains these words:

Actually there's quite a lot, it's just not new or expensive technology.

Reply to
Guy King

Fords main dealer price, £44.88 plus vat each. OK, I've tried Ford Direct with no reply, where can I get FORD springs from at a sensible price?

Mike Barnard

A good reply to that would be:

Who the f*ck pays MORE than =A315 for a standard spring? Even the=20 lowering springs for my Capri are about =A315 in a range of strenghts.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

My local Ford dealer..around =A315.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Fords main dealer price, £44.88 plus vat each. Try phoning.

Mike Barnard

No need to. Bought one as recently as a few months ago.