oops...

Festive greetings from a long time lurker ;o) (well..since i passed my driving test in May..)

How many of you guys have done this...

Bought petrol on Wednesday....had this nagging feeling later that day that I hadnt put the petrol cap back on, but forgot about it.. Suddenly remembered this morning, checked...and...oops....it wasnt there ! Luckily someone at the garage must have picked it up and handed it in..as i popped in there on the way home and the guy behind the counter gave it to me... Surely it's not just me who's been a complete numpty ??

Merry Xmas to all !

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike Waters

did that on my old fav, put it on roof. did the deed, drove off. luckily I heard it do, n it wedged in my rear spoiler. On my current octavia, cap has 2 slits, u hook it to the open flap.

driving test in May..)

I hadnt put the petrol cap back on, but

Luckily someone at the garage must have

the guy behind the counter gave it to me...

Reply to
Neil

My local garage has a box behind the counter, must be 300 petrol caps in there.....

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

driving test in May..)

I hadnt put the petrol cap back on, but

Luckily someone at the garage must have

the guy behind the counter gave it to me...

Left mine on the boot lid down in deepest Cornwall - and didn't miss it until I filled up with petrol a week later back home - and 200 miles away. Bl***y expensive mistake as it cost me £12 to replace :-(

Brian g

Reply to
Brian G

Deepest cornwall you say? it may be in the aformentioned box......

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Left mine on the pump a few years back, still connected to the missis keys, probably 3 car keys and 3 house keys on the fob iirc, drove away with my keys and never did get it back, its always more expensive when you need to get 6 keys cut at the same time as getting a new cap.

Reply to
Chris

If It rains enough, will fill the tank up for u.....done that.......bad move

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Plus the Nag, Nag, Nagging that's associated. I wonder, does she still bring it up?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Also sprach "Mike Dodd" :-

The wife thought she'd lost her keys a few months ago. So I gave her a spare set from the safe. From the look of surprise on her face I don't suppose she was expecting me to be that organised. Anyway - she found the "lost" ones in a jacket she claimed she hadn't worn.

Reply to
Guy King

Rule of lost things. first you look where it is likely to be. then you look in the less likely places. finally you look in all the places you know it is very unlikely to be.

if you do these three things properly then it was stolen by the sock fairy, the one who interferes with the laundry and takes odd socks, you know the one.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Wierd - in my house the wife never loses anything. I however do it all the time. My first recourse is to ask the wife who will immediately zero in on whatever it is I've lost. Bless her. Sometimes I don't even have to ask her. I'll wander around aimlessly, opening random cupboards and drawers, she'll see this and respond with "it's in the " without me even telling her what it is I've lost. Quite remarkable.

Reply to
Taz

Also sprach "Taz" :-

Since we moved house we've been very good with keys. Just inside the kitchen door is a row of hooks and we've both got the habit of hanging keys up while they're still in our hands from opening the front door.

Now - must put up a hook for my wallet....

Reply to
Guy King

cor that's clever........

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Strange, mine (well, wife to be) also never loses anything. Anything that is misplaced is immediately my fault. She, sorry, *I* even managed to lose the cat once, 3 days into a business trip to Germany. Go figure!

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dodd