Osram Night Breaker bulbs: where to buy near Slough Trading Estate?

Apart from Halfords (who don't have them), where could I buy these Osram bulbs that most reviews talk highly of? If I could get them somewhere near the A4 Bath Road/Slough Trading Estate, that would be great. Any place that will quickly fit them as well, so I don't have to wait until I get home would be a nice-to-have, but the main thing is to reliably get hold of them under =A320 for a two-pack.

Reply to
zkat

zkat used his keyboard to write :

I got some from Ebay. They are just detectably brighter, but I needed to replace anyway.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've found this every time I replace headlight bulbs. I've a feeling they age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi Harry

Likewise, one of mine is gone so I may as well replace both with a good set, hence the lookout. It sounds like the web is my bazaar so that's where I'll buy them, then. Was just hoping to get hold of them tomorrow, but hey, what's another day or three.

Thanks for responding, I'll say if I can tell the difference in brightness.

Cheers Zkat

Reply to
zkat

All halogens do, not as obviously as LEDs or discharge bulbs but you can just see the difference.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

They do....

You really need to compare a standard replacement lamp with one of the Osrams - which was what I did.

As lamps age the glass darkens and the filament can gradually become pitted, which increases their resistance. The extra resistance reduces the current flow and thus the wattage/light output.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

What did you find?

I found a suggestion that these are brighter, at the expense of longevity:

Any experiences to verify either part of the claim?

Interesting also that the Philips is brighter in the H4 case. I seem to recall an Autoexpress comparison suggesting that the Philips counterparts were also more consistent than the Osram Night Breaker.

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

I found that there was a barely noticeable improvement in brightness, but keep in mind that the human eye needs large difference in brightness, before it becomes noticeable.

It was brighter and a little whiter, which convinced me to swap all four lamps on my bike.

I heard that too, but so far in the two years since fitting, none have blown.

Harry Bloomfield

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Kostas Kavoussanakis saying something like:

I fitted Silverstar 60Watters a few years ago and they were as bright as the 100W bulbs they replaced. The reason I removed the 100Watters was to avoid trouble with the weedy wiring.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Good service here:

Cic.