OT: cracking rubber

A friend of mine has asked if I know anyone who can help with some rubber compound to make a door rubber bush look OK. The automatic doors in his office slam open a bit quick and hit the rubber stopper just before they hit the sensor which stops them. It was a bad design and the company that made it has gone out of business by about 5 years. He's trying to get something similar but the cracking around the edges is looking terminal.

The rubber bit looks and feels similar to suspension bushes.

Is there anything that could refresh them that could refresh a door bush? I somewhat cynically assume that the nasty end of the cut'n shut brigade would have something that would make a bush look right without bothering to actually do the reqiored work to fix it.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

THe only thing you can do is to remove it, place it in a kettle and boil the kettle.

Reply to
Conor

cast a new one with a rubber bush making kit, frost sell them

Reply to
mrcheerful

That can't hurt. Thanks. I take it the rubber will soften in boiling water?

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

Seems to. Was something we used to do in the late 80's on some arcade machines such as the Afterburner cabinets.

Reply to
Conor