OT: Do you know what kind of car this is?

Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of car this is:

Thanks, M

i would say a vw or a volvo, but i dont really know.=20 im interested myself.=20

Reply to
bongo rule

I looks like a Wartburg to me.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Chris Bartram wrote in news:vqaWg.31373 $ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Looks sort of like a VW Variant.

Reply to
Tunku

My money is on Type 3 Variant.

Reply to
SteveH

You're both right, I think. The chrome strips made it look a bit odd, at least, that's my excuse.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The message from Chris Bartram contains these words:

This one appears to have chrome strips...

Guy King

Well, the number checker says it's still on the road - last owner change was

4 April 2006.

Doesn't say what it is though. And apparently it was manufactured on 01 January 0001 - so it's doing well at over 2000 years old!

Reply to
PC Paul

The Vehicle License site is down at the moment, so there's no further check can be made. I'll try and remember to do it tomorrow.

Reply to
SteveH

looks like an estate version of this vw:

mrcheerful

my car check confirms that is a Volkswagen:

mrcheerful

VW Type 3 Variant Squareback (basically an estate with a rear engine). There was also the Notch back (saloon) that had limited storage at the rear and the fastback that had hatcback like rear end.

All models featured rear engines and front storage, plus lesser or greater ammounts of rear storage over the flat 4 "pancake" rear engine.

Reply to
Elder