OT - for Dave Plowman

Dave, where DO you get the sayings in your sig? Apart from Peter's antics with his Fiat, they are the next thing that brings a smile into my online life.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I've often thought of asking Dave as well - but I suspect he won't say (would you?) ;-) If he did I think the floodgates would be thrown wide open: imagine 20 or so of us on the group using the same sig generator.

Maybe he's getting them from a book, or doing lots of research!

-- Ken Davidson

snipped-for-privacy@removehotmail.com remove remove to email

Reply to
DocDelete

message

I believe it may be an old Acorn Archimedes app? Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

I wouldn't dream of using whatever it is he uses. Would make it too common. Just curious.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Pluto you mean, look at his message headers, although I'm still not convinced that there is no manual intervention sometimes..... :~)

Reply to
Jerry.

I don't know, after the trouble I've had from Windows 2000 today I could just about be convinced that using an A3000 is a good idea :).

Reply to
Doki

Robert R News

It's simply a random tag line inserter. And it's part of a current Acorn prog called Pluto - which is arguably the finest news/e-mail proggy on any platform. But other newsreaders offer the same facility - all you have to provide are the tags. I'm sure you could find plenty by doing a search on tags.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

from Peter's

brings a smile

he won't say

thrown wide

sig generator.

research!

current Acorn

proggy on any

to provide

Or maybe not. I d/loaded a prog some time ago, forget what it was called, but it contained a hundred or so taglines. Did the same once installed. Randomly added one to each post. You could add your own. or d/l different lists. 'Confucious he say', another was computer orientated. Just two I recall. I lost it in a crash, and never bothered to find it to reinstall. Called something like 'TaglineTaglines'. An inspired name. :-)

'Computer users only have a 3 1/2" floppy'

Or something like that, is one that comes to mind. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You've obviously not used MacSoup, then ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I have had a play with it, yes. Didn't seem to be able to split mail into lists in quite the same way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman