OT Identifying "Flash" sports car

I saw a unusual, rather "flash", sports care yesterday. The was no makers badge I recognised but the emblem was EB, the E being reversed.

Mid/rear engine, visible behind the rear window, looked like a V12 at a guess.

Any ideas anyone?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Bugatti Veyron?

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Sounds like it from the logo.

David Hearn

Oh, and just found out, the founder was Ettore Bugatti - hence the EB logo.

David Hearn

That is a rediculous car. Nice, but rediculous.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

The Veyron is a W16 engine (think two V8's side-by-side on on one crankshaft) but the EB is certainly the right logo for a Bugatti of some sort.

Reply to
James Dore

Bug.

Ian Dalziel

On 31 May 2006 03:01:07 -0700, I waved a wand and this message magically appeared:

Yep, the 16.6. This car is capable of doing 240mph (406km/h!)

Reply to
Alex Buell

That is the beast, thank you (and to everyone else who replied).

If I decide to buy one, I'll give you all a ride ;-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Apparently top speed is 253mph, but at that speed it does 3mpg!

At standard highway speeds it does a massive 10mpg.

City driving is just 7mpg.

It has a 100L (25 gallons give or take a bit) fuel tank, so at full speed it can travel 75 miles in 12 minutes before it empties)

At £1 per litre of Super Unleaded, it'll cost you more than £1.30 per mile at top speed....

I guess though, at £800k+ the fuel cost is of little concern... ;)

David Hearn

On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:54:36 +0100, I waved a wand and this message magically appeared:

Well, if the market's there...

Reply to
Alex Buell

It's a staggered V16

Reply to
ThePunisher

At 4 miles a minute, I'd say it's worth it. If the car costs, what, half a million? Then 25K/year on a 60 mile or so commute is unlikely to break the bank.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

can't imagine somebody with a £500K car doing a regular commute...

Reply to
PC Paul

Wasn't there a story about a German banker regularly commuting in his McLaren F1 and hitting very high speeds on the autobahn?

Reply to
Steve Walker

I think it's just short of £900k (£880k or something).

David Hearn

Visible behind, or under rear window?

Under would be an EB110. Behind would be a Veyron.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK