OT: Light relief after the robbery......

....that was the football - Phoenix Nights on Ch4.

Decided to watch it for the first time ever, and one line really made me chuckle:

"......snorting Cecil."

"Don't you mean Charlie?"

"I don't know what his name is, I've never met him."

LOL

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I would rather have normal programming disrupted to put that on instead of a game of football. A lot of people have no interest in football although TV (television) companies think they have. mmm, watching men running about in shorts - I think a few people that have such strong feelings towards other men, or such an attraction, should have a good long think about why. The rest of us can only guess at the real reason for such an interest.

Reply to
jason

What a bizarre thing to say....

Reply to
Barry

Wasn't even remotely bizarre, it was spot on.

Reply to
Lordy

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Barry" saying something like:

Yebbut, men kicking an air-filled bladder around a field for money is a bizarre thing to do.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Especialy when they hug after one of them boots it in the net. You should hear the Billy Conolly skit on an aliens view of football - hilarious.

Reply to
Stuart Gray