OT NCP Car Park

I was in this town at a church service and parked in an open air car park. The council had stated that parking was free on a Sunday. The NCP car park was practically adjacent to the church.

The old car park attendant used to turn a blind eye but they changed him with a jobsworth. By parking in an NCP car park it did not fall under the council rules and therefore I received a ticket along with a lot of elderly people.

The car park was one level and open air. The jobsworth came out of his way from the multi story NCP car park to catch people who had been to the service.

I won't be paying the £25 fine, which increases to £50 after 25 days.

Do you think they will make much of a hullabaloo over this ?

It was not off a warden or a copper so it would be a private matter wouldn't it ?

Reply to
Baldoni

Didn't you like the answers you got in uk.legal?

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg explained on 21/08/2007 :

There was one I think that was OK. However I thought most who replied were a bunch of goody two shoes wankers.

That is how I had to post again to a different group.

Reply to
Baldoni

"Baldoni @googlemail.com>" I was in this town at a church service and parked in an open air car park.

Obviously churchgoers and elderly people should not have to pay to park anywhere. Perhaps either your church, or Help the Aged will pay the fine for you if the jobsworths decide to make a fuss over this.

Reply to
Mark W

"Baldoni @googlemail.com>" I was in this town at a church service and parked in an open air car park.

May I offer you masses of sympathy but no hope, not one bit. Being Sunday, a church service, open air etc etc all totally irrelevant, being in an NCP car park means they will get their pound of flesh.

Pay sooner to make it a half pound, or they'll only laugh louder when they get more.

Lol

Reply to
Lol

"Baldoni @googlemail.com>" I was in this town at a church service and parked in an open air car park.

I'd say you are in the wrong and hate to side with NCP tossers but if I was you I'd pay up.

Reply to
Goofee

"Baldoni @googlemail.com>" I was in this town at a church service and parked in an open air car park.

So you will be paying the £50.

Yes, so that's £50 + court costs.

Reply to
Depresion

In message , Baldoni writes

Well f*ck off and don't post it to uk.rec.maintenance where it has no relevance.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Mark W expressed precisely :

You ever been to a christening f*ck face ?

Reply to
Baldoni

Depresion formulated the question :

Many thanks to all the decent folk who replied. The other 2 wankers I hope you burn in hell.

Reply to
Baldoni

Baldoni I was in this town at a church service and parked in an open air car

That's pretty irrelevant.

So, you liked the old attendant, who didn't do the job /he was paid to do/? What if he was a policeman, or doctor?

Who were all ignoring the rules.

That *is* his job. I'm perhaps seeing why he got replaced. Like them or not, NCP own and maintain the car park to make money, not as a charitable affair.

So you parked in an NCP car park, and you know it's a NCP car park, but didn't pay?

I hate to side with NCP, but sorry, you did wrong, you got caught, you should pay.

If you don't pay, they will probably send the baliffs round, which is a shitload of bad news. After all, you *do* owe them money. If you stall them, they will add costs and it will be £hundreds before you know it.

Yes, it's a private matter, not a criminal offence AFAIK, but IANAL.

If you don't want to pay NCP for using their car parks, park in a council one, which, as you say, is usually free on Sunday. It's the only way to make any meaningful statement- deprive them of income.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

"Baldoni @googlemail.com>" Paul Giverin has brought this to us :

Were you by chance the preacher at the church service you attended?

Reply to
Trust No One®

In message , Baldoni writes

Yep, and when you turn up there, I'll be the one in the smouldering NCP uniform giving tossers like you a parking ticket.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

No. Is that where you got taught to call people "f*ck face" after being caught breaking the law?

Reply to
David Taylor

In article , felt he had to=20 say

Yes. Expect the bailiffs to turn up and remove goods if you insist on=20 taking it to the bitter end.

At the end of the day, you parked in a private car park that charged=20 and you didn't pay.

If you can't work that out, perhaps you're unfit to drive.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

We have an NCP car park next to the council one (single level open air). Could never understand why people would opt to pay for parking in the NCP one when the council one as free on a Sunday. They only had to drive another 20 ft for the free parking.

I spoz they where people from outside visiting and thought it was all the same car park

Plus why do disabled drivers pay to park in NCP when they can park free in the Council one (or on double yellows) which is closer to the shops anyway.

Or maybe it's just that they don't read the signs, God sake they are big enough to see,

Reply to
reevco62

Oh, FFS - give him what he wants and maybe he'll go away...

"IANAL but - sure, you have no problems - no worries - everything will be OK. Explain that you were in a church and that they would never dare charge persons of *other* religions if they were visiting their places of worship. Cite "Arkell v. Pressdram" and offer to light them a candle next time you are in church - that will make them smile and they will soon be writing you a charge withdrawal letter. YMMV, of course, but there is a chance you'll be OK."

There - now GFAM.

Reply to
Linker3000

And there's me thinking that muslims had the monopoly on this kind of religious love of all mankind.

Reply to
Partac

Baldoni @googlemail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You mean the ones that pointed out you'd used a commercial companies service with no intention to pay.

Just because you can pick up a free paper in most cities now doesn't mean you can steal a copy of The Times from a newsagent.

Reply to
Adrian

Baldoni Dr Zoidberg explained on 21/08/2007 :

Maybe but they don't get parking tickets. You were illegally parked now stop having a temper tantrum and pay your bills.

Reply to
13 Amp plug