OT postings

Is it my imagination or has the level of unacceptable postings increased by a lot recently? This NG is going to be full of advertising and a lot of other irrelevant stuff if something is not done about. Some is OK, but not the level we're getting.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Spammers are always one step ahead of spam filters. Something you just have to live with.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Blocking everything crossposted to certain other newsgroups gets rid of most of it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The Chinese for the most part. Some of it's actually getting through my filters! Not for long of course ;-)

Reply to
asahartz

Use a proper news server.

Reply to
SteveH

despite the huge growth of the electric interweb, postings to NGs have fallen in the last 5 years

(maybe as they don't come as "standard" with lots of ISPs anymore ?)

Reply to
Tommy

No, they don't. And they are rarely advertised even by those that do.

Plus a lot of the younger users prefer the all-singing, all-dancing format of forums. While I use a number of them, I get irritated by the sheer time it can take to refresh a page. I can download my entire complement of NG messages in the same time!

Reply to
asahartz