OT "Protest to the Ebay Fee Structure Increase" may concern those that buy their bits from here

OT "Protest to the Ebay Fee Structure Increase" may concern those that buy their bits from here

  • --------- copy from here --------- +

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Protest to the Ebay Fee Structure Increase"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition service, at:

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Reply to
bongo rule

By my estimation between $40bn and $45bn worth of trades get done on ebay every year. Thats bigger than the GNP of quite a few countries. At this rate it won't be long before the GNP of ebay is bigger than say New Zealand.

Reply to
CWatters

bongo, it would be preferred if you cross-posted rather than multi-posted so that I don't have to read the message in every group. But for the benefit of thos who don't read uk.rec.cars.classic, this was my response the first time I read it:

"So vote with your feet. If you object to the fees, don't sell through Ebay.

Get it straight though, these increases only affect Ebay Shops. Not ordinary private sellers, just shops. If you run a business you have to factor in advertising costs anyway.

Personally I think it would be an improvement if they clamped down on the fee avoidance by the Chinese - eg a guitar for 99p, but the p&p is £200. Perhaps they should include the P&P in the final value fee - now that _would_ be unpopular!"

Reply to
Chris Bolus