OT scooter spark plug

Sorry for OT but I can't find an appropriate grp for this. Ny daughter has bought herself a Yamaha scooter (yes I know!) and it needs the spark plug changing. Gawd knows how I get to it though. Either I'll have to find a midget who has hands small enough to get past the frame to try and reach it that way OR, is there a proper way to do it? The plug sits vertically, just underneath the petrol tank! Does that have to come off (please say no - there's an inspection panel that makes this job easy etc etc :-) ) Thanks whatever and apols again for the OT.

Reply to
dave

You want alt.scooter you do. 'Tis a bit merkin though. What model of scoot is it?

Reply to
gazzafield

I had a peugeot scooter a while back (speedfight) and that had a plastic inspection panel inbetween the seat and the footboards. I think you could get to the spark plug through that but it sounds as though you've would have seen this panel so may not be the same on the yamaha.

Reply to
loony

uk.rec.motorcycles

Someone there will know.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Duuuuh - sorry, I missed that grp - will repost there - thanks.

Reply to
dave

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" saying something like:

You cruel bastard.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Shhhhhh!!!

Actually, he got one nice, polite reply from TMack. Just shows that good manners don't cost nuffin and there's much less risk of getting your head bitten off :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot