OT: What do you mean...!

The Accord's cruise control has stopped working, it's almost certainly the microswitch on the brake pedal that needs adjustment. Fine, I'll grab my spanner set and get to it.

Only they've been moved, or "tidied up." Admittedly I probably should not have left them in the spare bedroom for a fortnight.

"They might be under the sink, or in the out house, try the closet under the stairs."

Nothing. "Well I don't know, they're your spanners." Charlie says when I ask her where she put them.

What'll now happen is that I'll get another set for Christmas and she'll find the original set in February somewhere least expected.

Grrrr!

Reply to
DervMan

*cough*

Japanese reliability?

No thanks, I'll stick with my s**te old Wop motors.

Reply to
SteveH

Coming from Steve "One of my Alfas doesn't even do what it says on the tin, and burn oil" H? :-P

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It's not my fault if I'm such an expert used car buyer I can spot the one good one from 150 miles, is it? :-P

Reply to
SteveH

It's one more fault than I've had to fix on my s**te old Marea, though.

Reply to
SteveH

You think something isn't reliable because the only thing that needs adjustment is the bolt holding the microswitch?

Reply to
DervMan

Fault? Hardly a fault, eh, when turning a bolt fixes the problem...

I note "I've had to fix" being added at the end. Presumably you've had lots of faults, none of which you feel inclined to fix?

Reply to
DervMan

you do realise that a brake light bulb failure can wipe out cruise?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

Never knew the QE2 had brake lights in the first place.

Reply to
Guy King

The colour, if nothing else...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Well, yes. This is true.

However, without wishing to put a curse on it, so far, so good.... and less faults than that Japanese repmobile.

Reply to
SteveH

I'll bring some underseal and a brush this week, and we can give it the Maestro treatment.

He's had one fault with it so far unless I'm mistaken, and not a major one at that.

I can sit here and reel off how reliable a succession of Hondas in drag I've owned in recent times have been, if you like. ;)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Pah!

Where's the fun in that?

I reserve the right to rip the piss out of any problems with the Accord as I've had it taken out of me about 'unreliable' Italian cars oten enough.

Reply to
SteveH

They're at my house

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

if it's the brake light switch then the brake lights will be on. i reckon it'll be the clutch switch.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Might be seperate like on the Saab. Brake light switch, brake cruise switch, clutch cruise switch. Later ones used the brake cruise switch to limit boost to the APC too, so that you couldn't use full boost when either braking, or on cruise control.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2