overheating - 1999 MX5

My problem is when I drive a little harder than normal or in heavy traffic after 5/10 miles - The temp gauge wanders towards the hot - If I start cruising in top around 50 mph it soon comes back down. It was fine last summer in 100 degrees Fahrenheit!

I cannot see water loss or low water or oil levels and the fan works - any idea?

It seemed to start after driving in VERY heavy rain about 2/3 weeks ago when I got a misfire - the misfire disappeared the next time I drove

Reply to
tommy