Oxidised headlights

The headlights on our 2005 car have yellowed so I'm going to clean them up. I'm probably going to go with the 3M Headlight Restoration Kit (power drill version rather than human elbow grease) as it seems to get great reviews, but it doesn't come with any sort of UV protector as far as I can see. Can anyone recommend something suitable? Should any other form of sealer/protective coating be used either before or after the UV one?

Reply to
Steve

One of my own cars has one yellowing headlight, I just repolish it manually whenever I give the car a check over, since it re-yellows in a few months. I use meguires plastrx, usually I follow that with bodyclay, it only takes a couple of minutes total. There is no claimed uv protection in that either and it is hard to see how anything would give a lasting effect, it needs to be in the plastic in the first place. I do know that there was a problem with certain replacement bulbs causing the yellowing on some vehicles (rather than the daylight)

Reply to
MrCheerful