Paging Cash

Last year, you mentioned you had an SU HIF carb in your shed; is it still available?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

it is still there, I will search it out early next week and let you know.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Would that be the same type as the ones that were fitted to the Rover TC. Early 70's? I'm pretty cetain that the one I have came off that model Rover, so if Mrcheerful can't help, maybe I can. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Sorry no Grimly, my son collared it - and also emptied my workshop of all the other Montego stuff I had as well - for a mate of his who's trying to 'restore' an old 1600cc Austin Montego.

I've seen the car - and wished him luck after pointing out a fair amount of rust in the rear passenger side floor, sill and inner wheel arch.

Sorry about that.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

No worries - I half expected it might be gone by now anyway.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No... those would have been the HS6, iirc. The HIF series have an internal/integral float chamber. The later V8s had them, that I do know.

Well, if no HIF can be found, an HS6 will do - must be 1.75" bore, though.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Excellent, thank you.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

1,3/4" it is, and it's in very good condition. My email address is valid if you are interested. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon