paint protection wax

Can anybody suggest a product which I can apply to a 45 year old car which was previously garaged but now must spend some time outside. The paint is a bit thing and speckled with rust in places but a respray is out of the question for a while.

AJH

Reply to
news

can you put a car cover over it? Otherwise thick carnauba based wax polish would probably last the best.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Bought one from halfrauds as an interim but when I take it off the car is smeared with damp. Tried a gazebo but that was too large for the space, I'll build a lean-to in the summer.

Any particular one?

Thanks

AJH

Reply to
news

Car covers need a soft inner surface, the plain plastic ones are not good, they also need air intakes at each end, I am struggling to find a good one at a reasonable price, the ones that I had were branded rac , were only about twenty quid, and were excellent for the car, but only lasted about two years outside and 5 inside and are now discontinued.

traditional simoniz wax would be a good bet. or if the car is not to be used in the mean time, how about giving it a spray with a wax for internal rustproofing like waxoyl.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, in 40+ years of having cars I've never waxed one but will try this, it already looks a bit of a heap so covering it with waxoil is probably going a bit far.

AJH

Reply to
news

Why not smother it in a thin layer of grease

Reply to
steve robinson

Coz I want to drive it occasionally

AJH