Parking Sensor

Hello,

I have intention to install on the back bumper of my car a sensor that detects the obstacles; the last time I was reversing I did 250 $ of damage, therefore sailing on internet I found two typologies of sensor: one with four ultrasonic transducers, and another with only an aluminium tape. Owing to the fact that I have not intention to do holes on my bumper I would prefer the second invisible solution. For this reason I wish ask first a your opinion. Here is the link of the producer:

Waiting for anybody who can give me an answer.

Bye!

Reply to
luigidelsignore

Look, if you're going to SPAM at least be honest about it. When your email address is 'luigidelsignore' and the website is registered to 'Andrea Del Signore' that's a bit of a clue.

Don't lie about it. Don't SPAM. Especially don't SPAM incompetently.

Now I just think you're an incompetent liar. Do you think I'd want to buy a product from an incompetent liar?

I thought not.

PS - if you send me a free sample, I'll try it and post an honest review of it. Can't say fairer than that.

Reply to
PC Paul

PC Paul ( snipped-for-privacy@bitrot.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Heh. Remember that bloke who was trying to spam a fuel card - claimed it really would save a fortune - and all we needed to do was pay a subscription...?

But when we all expressed scepticism and suggested a trial period, he went very quiet and buggered off?

Reply to
Adrian

Yep. This one looks plausible, at least. No sign of any idea of a UK price, though.

Reply to
PC Paul

There is a similar unit here:

I was thinking of one but some people like them and others don't, the same with everything I suppose :-)

Reply to
rp

It says it's electromagnetic. So you presumably still have to look out for walls, kids, pets, bollards etc that aren't made of steel?

BTW if it's so wonderful why do car makers only fit ultrasonic types?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Err they don't just fit ultrasonic ones. Mercedes spring to mind. And you can detect non-ferrous things with electromagnetic sensors. Wheter or not that one is any good though I don't know.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Looking at the description, it will only detect metal objects, no good for detecting that brat stood behind the car out of sight, or the plastic bollards used in car parks these days. Probably why most manufacturers stick to the ultrasonic type.

Reply to
SimonJ

SimonJ ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Since that page goes to great lengths to stress how it can "see through" plastic bumpers, as fitted to "97% of vehicles"... Ummm... Maybe it's me, but...

Reply to
Adrian

Interesting that isnt it. Selling for 77quid and will see thought 70% of the obstacles you'd want it to see!

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Your kneepit surely?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I bought a two ultrasonic sensor system from BigW (now Woolworths) a year or two ago. Fitted in about an hour, cost me =A317.99 and was one of the best things I've ever bought for my car. Despite only two sensors, it's very accurate (5ft down to 12 inches detection I think). I'd recommend them. Have you tried looking on Ebay for them?

RayB

Reply to
raybbirch