Passat - turn the alarm off?

I have a 53 Passat (B5.5?) and want to turn the alarm off.

It's forever going off (usually in the middle of the night) and I have no desire to get it fixed but would rather simply disable it.

Can I do it with one of these?

Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
R D S

Won't be as simple as that - it'll be water in the comfort module or the connector under the passenger seat.

The random alarm sounding is the first it's about to go pop due to water damage.

Reply to
SteveH

Duncan Wood

I looked at that when I bought it 12 months ago. It's as dry as a bone. it's been serviced twice since and the mechanic is happy that water isn't getting in.

I reckon it has a faulty sensor somewhere.

Reply to
R D S

It happens that R D S formulated :

The bonnet sensor is a favourite cause of alarms being falsely triggered on most cars, due to it being out in the weather and salt. Try bypassing it/linking it out for a few days to see if that resolves it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I guess it's not as simple as unplugging the alarm horn itself as it was on my old mondeo :)

Reply to
Mark

I thought of that but then it would sit there with the lights flashing. Curently i'm simply leaving it unlocked.

Reply to
R D S

So I read, I have a suspicion there may be an issue with the boot sensor as using the rear wash/wipe seems to exacerbate the problem. Though it could be a coincidence.

Reply to
R D S

Your best bet is to ask on a VAG forum and get soemone with VCDS, and code read it first. This *might* reveal what is triggering the alarm. Few of the handlheld scanners will read all the codes.

You could then get them to code the CCM so that it thinks the alarm isn't there, if you like, but it might whinge about incorrect coding.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Possible, as on the mk4 golf there is a known problem with rear wash pipes leaking which ends up on the boot microswitch (£20 and 15 minutes to change) which can show an open boot warning up on he dash (only sometimes) and the boot light won't work which is another sign.

If you open the boot and remove the trim and have a look whats going on. If this is at fault it can confuse the alarm I think in to possibly thinking its open.

I'm not 100% sure this is the case on the passat but worth a shot and thought it could be helpful to say, considering its worse when you use the rear wash.

Reply to
Pete