Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Petrol cap key stuck - Rover 200
September 17, 2008, 5:42 pm
rate this thread
Just heared from my old dad that he can't get the key out of the
petrol cap (W reg Rover 200).
I said have you:
1. Squitred lots of WD40 down it - Yes
2. Given it the really big pull - No
I think it is also the ignition key and he doesn't want to go too
Anybody been here before?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Petrol cap key stuck - Rover 200
I guess that it's possilbe that the cap mechanism is not turned around
enough to release the key. Can it be tried off the car (in a vice?)
and turn the locking mechanism fully rather than the key? The aim is
to maintain the key integrity rather than the petrol cap I assume.
My Rover 200 has a separate key for the fuel cap ... possibly due to
- » Drivers could face £20 fine for leaving engines running in traffic jams
- — Next thread in » Car Maintenance