peugeot 106 reverse lights

my reverse lights have stopped working and i am not sure why i have changed the bulbs and still nothing both bulbs work as they have been tested in another car. now i thought it could be the fuse but when checking the manual the fuse the lights runs with also has the dash board warning lights and various other things to and they are working fine, does that mean it is prob not the fuse, and if so what else could it be. 1996 peugeot 106 escapade

Reply to
jack

Reverse light switch / Wiring open circuit / Faulty bulb holder

Reply to
NT

where is the reverse light switch please?

Reply to
jack

Usually on the gearbox with a white plug - your Haynes Book Of Lies should confirm/tell you.

If it's an automatic it might be located on/near the selector, as it usually gets incorporated with the starter inhibitor switch (you know the one which stops you from cranking the engine with the 'box in drive).

/john

Reply to
John Kenyon

Most cars have it in the side of the gearbox, I'm not familiar with the 106, but it should be visible as the only wires going into the gearbox.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat