Peugeot 205 break-in

Had my 205 broken into last week. Got in by smashing the rear quarter-light glass (it's a 5dr).

Wondering if there's any point in replacing it (only 3rd party F&T), for them to come along and break next time, or if there's an alternative. If I stop them getting in there, they may just break a side window!

Any opinions ?

Reply to
Paul S

barry

Have a look on ebay, there's shed loads of pug 205 stuff for sale on there. I've picked up a few bits for my GTi including a new lock set after the bastards broke into mine recently! The way I have reduced the chances of no one breaking in again is just to not bother with a cd head unit. I've just got the crapiest tape player I could find at a car boot sale in there now and just listen to the radio instead! Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Watkins

Leave it unlocked boy.

Reply to
sQuick

Similar to what my Brother did with his '87 BMW 525e, he took the front of the OEM Blaupunkt radio, attached some strips of plastic and when he removes the nice Pioneer front plate he sticks the old one inplace! Looks like the original unit never left the dashboard apart from being a bit further out.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Dugan

i know someone who does similar - the thieves probably know this trick. I take my head unit out but i dont always take it out of the car - i know a lot of people just stick theirs in the glove box - so the thieves will prob still have a go anyway...

Reply to
mo