Peugeot 205 - will alloys from Xr3i fit?

Stupid question: does anyone know if alloys with 185x55x13 tyres (from xr3i) will fit my standard Peugeot 205 diesel (L reg) that takes

155x70x13 tyres without any mods.
Reply to
seabreeze

I believe the wheels use the same PCD and stud pattern, but the offset is wrong. This means you can bolt them on, but weird stuff may happen.

Dunno about whether the tyres will fit in the wheelarches or not. Are they about the same diameter if you put the pug wheels and the ford wheels side by side?

FWIW I'd get a set of 14" 1.6GTi 205 pepperpots and stick them on, as they'll definately fit. IIRC the 1.9 GTi 15" ones will rub as some bits of GTi bodies are slightly different.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The 15" ones used to rub in a 1.9 GTi anyway - well, they did if you put 4 people + caving kit in and drove round Ireland :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

No, the centre hole is too small.

Pug wheels will fit on Fords with an adaptor.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Thanks for the advice - I didn't think it would be straightforward. Will look into getting some 14" 205 gti if I can get good second hand ones.

Reply to
seabreeze

Pug 205 wheels are 15 to 18mm ET. Fords are 35ish. You will need 18mm spacers. Plus the centre hole is a different size so spacers will have to have an adaptor. Plus you'll now need 18mm longer wheel bolts.

-- r

Thanks again. Am keeping an eye out on ebay for decent set of ex-

205gti ones.
Reply to
seabreeze