Peugeot 206 - Engine oil warning light

hi guys.. need your help

When I start the electrics some warning lights comes on the dashboard. One of them is engine oil warning light which goes off only when I start the engine.

Not sure if it's a problem. please advice what to do?

thanks.

Reply to
newdriver2006

Perfectly normal. You have no oil pressure when the engine is off so the light will come on until the engine is cranking or running. If it comes on when the engine is running then it should be investigated ASAP.

Dave

Reply to
Morse

It just to let you know that they're are working

Once the engine has started & the oil pressure rises the light goes out

If it comes on whilst driving then it means you have NO oil in you engine

I think as previously suggested you need to get some education on car maintenance

Reply to
A C

No it doesn't. It means you have no oil pressure. The two are not mutuall exclusive granted but it could relate to a couple of other problems.

Reply to
Malc

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" contains these words:

It's normal. Before the engine turns fast enough there is no oil pressure - so the oil pressure light is telling you this.

Reply to
Guy King