Peugeot 306 wishbone

Back in September 2003 car was pulling to the middle of the road on acceleration. Garage said nearside wishbone was worn. They replaced it and the problem was solved. 1 year and 1 month later I have just put the car into the same garage for an MOT and they have told me the same wishbone is worn. They don't know they replaced it a year ago and I haven't mentioned it to them as yet but what would cause this to fail in the space of 13 months?

Reply to
Wainscotting

Parts of a sub-standard quality and/or wear in other areas. Did you get a guarantee with the original work?

Reply to
adder

Years guarantee - just ran out. Called garage and they were surprised so they contacted supplier. Supplier had not had any complaints but said would refund the price of the parts. Garage are going to credit my account with the refund. Thanks

Reply to
Wainscotting

Wonder if thats whats wrong with my 19 then, I had been wondering.

Reply to
Tim Anderson

That's what was wrong with my Volvo 480 recently, except in my case, the wishbone bushes were worn on both sides. This meant that it pulled right on acceleration, and left on deceleration (and kept in a straight line when at steady speed). It made changing through the gears when pulling away quite 'interesting', to say the least! :-)

Ben.

Reply to
Ben Harris

Nice to find out at last BUT I think I'll leave it, £400's worth of car. What with the noisy clutch, whinny gearbox, knackered engine mount and this I'm suprised it works at all :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson

in the bushes can tear , giving play...... thats why its always the nearside one. steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver