peugeot 306 xsi

hi everyone!!!

i drive a 2 leter v reg xsi peugeot, i keep getting a hissing noise when i remove my fuel cap, i have had my breather pipe cleaned and and my fuel feeder pipes cleaned,there is no problem inside my tank as i can see. I have been told it is not venting properly and my machanic drilled a small hole in my petrol cap to let the pressure out that is building up in my tank, and now it makes a glugging noise like my fuel is bubbling about, it sounds like my tank has fish in it!!!!!

if anybody could help me i would be very gratefull. THANKS XXXXX

Reply to
sarahhewis