Peugeot 306XT cambelt.

I'm going to look at a Peugeot 306XT (1769cc.) tomorrow. It appears to be cheap ATM, but I expect to discover that it needs a new cambelt. Is that going to be a straightforward job? What might be the likely cost?

TIA of any replies.

Reply to
DB.

"DB." wrote

I expect to discover that it needs a new cambelt. Is that

About £120 at an independent garage, double that at a main dealer.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

I paid £75 at a main dealer for a timing belt, supplied and fitted for our 1998/S Pug 306 1.4 petrol.

Done at the same time as front brake pads and a 'free' (yeah, we'll fill the washer for you) interim service.

And yes, I have checked, the invoice does state "timing belt" or "cam belt" and not "accessory belt" or "fan belt" - as I was aware that on the phone "fan belt" can sound like "cam belt".

David Hearn