Peugot 306 Intercooler

Can anyone recommend a good, safe method to clean a 306 intercooler of all the muck that has collected. Is it safe to use an airline or power wash. Alternatively, how do you remove the intercooler to clean it off the car, and is it easy or difficult?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

Whatever method you use, be very careful not to bend the fins. I personnally would remove it from the car (2 hose clamps and 2 retaining bolts) and then use a powerwasher at exactly 90 degrees from the core first at a safe distance and when you are sure your at the right angle so not to bend the fins abit closer- from the back side.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Thanks for the help Tim, we took it off at work and quite a lot of fins were bent and full of dirt, this now rectified.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford