Peugot 306 Radio Cassette "Code in" "- - - -"

Hi,

I have a Peugot 306. Recently the battery got very low. It wouldn't start. The break down recovery people came round attached a device to give it enough power to start. It started and got recharged on the way home. But when I tried the radio after I got going the readout read "Code in". I just typed in some random numbers on the 1,2,3,4,5,6 station presets. The numbers came on the screen and the radio did nothing. When I put the car away and come back to it in the morning the radio readout says "----" No matter what buttons you press on the radio it doesn't change (apart from switching it off and they come back when you switch back on). I've subsequently looked in the plastic wallet that holds the manual (the manual says nothing about the radio) There is a credit card sized plastic card in there that has a picture of a key and says code: (the code is a mixture of letters and numbers).

Is this the right code to type into the radio? How do you type it in (it has letters in)(I can't remember but some of the numbers might be higher digits than 6)( the radio has presets

1,2,3,4,5,6)? Is there some way to get the radio back in the state where it will accept me typing in numbers? At the moment it just says "----" and doesn't change no matter what you type in. Would disconnecting the battery under the bonnet breifly and putting it back do it?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
William.R.Reisen