Polo central locking

My daughter's 2001 Polo (1.4 diesel) has developed a problem with the central key-operated locking. The key won't unlock the car from the driver's door, but works fine from the passenger side. The switch on the inside of the driver's door works the locking normally, so presumably the problem is something to do with the lock.

Any probable causes that anyone knows of? Could be something as simple as a loose/broken cable, but I suppose that would be hoping for too much!

Another question - how do you remove the interior door panel? A quick look didn't reveal anything obvious, and I don't want to prise too hard in the wrong place for fear of breaking it.

Many thanks for any help.

Pete

Reply to
peter g