Poor Pick Up Vauxhall 1.6 Petrol

Hi

I have a Vauxhall Combo with a 1.6 Petrol Engine (it is dual fuel but ignore that as this is a petrol only fault).

When when operating in petrol mode and in the 1.5 - 3k engine revs range the pick up of revs is very poor and flat, the van is hesitant and will often refuse to pick up speed, the problem is of course most noticeable when a good amount of throttle is applied as that is when you would expect the most "go". Sometimes this results in "kangarooing".

The problem is possibly more pronounced when cold, but is certainly still there when hot...

Interesting the van does not do this when running in gas mode....

There are no error codes or flashing lights appearing on the dash and no faults saved.

Interestingly cylinders 1 + 2 (nearest the cambelt) seem to have an apparently poorer spark than 3 + 4... (when the plug is pulled the resultant spark from the plug to the bit of metal it is pointed at is much weaker quieter and it needs to be much closer to the metal than with 3+4)

I have exchanged the coil pack with a new one with the same results.

I am thinking perhaps that might indicate leads? but i have little experience with petrol's and leads dont seem to be widely available for the Z16SE engine...

If leads are to blame why is it more a problem on petrol?

Are there any other offers? (yes there is plenty of petrol, fresh etc that was my first thought!)

Reply to
thomasburton18