Porsche 944 front wing removal

I am currently restoring my 944 which I damaged in a 'bump' and I am trying to remove the front off-side wing. I have removed all the bolts located along the top edge and I've also separated it from the front skirt. However, when I tried to actually remove it, it still seems to be secured somewhere near the point where it meets the door. I have looked at the exploded view on the Porsche parts disc and it suggests that there is another bolt near the top at the inner edge near the door but I can't find it. Does anyone have any experience of removing/replacing front wings from this make/model? Where should I be looking? Thanks Dave

-- David Speir (remove NO.SPAM to reply)

Reply to
David Speir

If your removing it, it's a bit of a pain, but you could cut a hole in it to get a better view with an angle grinder... Just a suggestion.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Obvious question - have you got/can you get a new one that you could compare the old one to?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I am still trying to source a 'new' one so at the moment I don't have anything to compare it to but I'll maybe take Andy's advice and just butcher the old one with the angle grinder to get a better look. Cheers.

Reply to
David Speir

That's what I thought but it was worth an ask - you never know :)

Get going with the one true tool!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Might it be a bit "VW" in style and have a couple of bolts into the door shut area? They are seen by removing whatever inner-arch liner you may have and looking into and up the rear of the wing - could be two 10mm head bolts there.

Could well be two or more bolts at the lower edge too, where it overlaps the sill.

Best of luck!

Reply to
DocDelete

DocDelete ( snipped-for-privacy@nospamtodaythanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Given that it's basically a 924, I think that's entirely possible.

Reply to
Adrian

Oh yeah, and after all the bolts are out there'll be the adhesion of the sealing compounds to contend with - it may feel like there's some fasteners still in place, so you'll need to prise the sealing away.

Reply to
DocDelete