Power Steering

Hello

Car is Nissan Almera 1.5 S.

Recently i had a wheel alignment and since then have noticed the steering is a heavier, is this to be expected?

I have checked tyre pressures are correct and Power Steering fluid is topped up, Im a little confused.

Any advise, is the wheel alignment incorrect and i need it redoing?

Damian

Reply to
Damo

Did you have the realignment done as part of tyre replacement? If so, the new tyres may have different characteristics from the old.

If you are in any doubt about the alignment, it would be worth asking for it to be re-checked.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Alignment was done after i purchased the car and i had it checked to stop tyre wear.

Tyres are not new

Ill get it rechecked

Damian

Reply to
Damo

I have been to the garage.

Garage claim it is the correct settings and they are spot on and the steering still feels heavier, should I be worried or should I get it redone somewhere else?

I wish I had just left it now,"if it aint broke" !!!

Damian

Reply to
Damo

see how the tyres wear is the best bet, severely wrong tracking might have made the steering lighter than normal, correcting it has made the steering 'right'

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for the advise, I will see how it goes and keep an eye on tyre wear.

Regards

Damian

Reply to
Damo