Power Steering Fluid Overflowing

Hi

Car is a Nissan Almera S 2006

I previously posted a message about power steering weirdness which people c ommented some very helpful answers, thank you.

Anyway to cut a long story short i asked the garage when they Serviced my c ar to check the power steering system which they said they had and they had topped up the power steering fluid.

A few days over i lifted the bonnet to check the oil and found PS fluid all over the reservoir and the nearby belts dripping off the splash guard. So i sucked some of the fluid out and cleaned off the area with brake cleaner and washed the belts off with a hosepipe.

All appears to be ok now with no apparent leakage but is there any risk of blown seals, pipes or pump problems after this has happened ?

I have approached the garage and they just apologised and said no more, i w ont be going there again!!!!

Thanks

Damo

Reply to
Damo

Hi

Car is a Nissan Almera S 2006

I previously posted a message about power steering weirdness which people commented some very helpful answers, thank you.

Anyway to cut a long story short i asked the garage when they Serviced my car to check the power steering system which they said they had and they had topped up the power steering fluid.

A few days over i lifted the bonnet to check the oil and found PS fluid all over the reservoir and the nearby belts dripping off the splash guard. So i sucked some of the fluid out and cleaned off the area with brake cleaner and washed the belts off with a hosepipe.

All appears to be ok now with no apparent leakage but is there any risk of blown seals, pipes or pump problems after this has happened ?

Probably not. They just overfilled it and when it frothed up, out it came. Underfilling would be far worse.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat