Power Steering Noise

When I went out last night after 5mins of 30-40mph driving with a few junctions, when I slowed down to go throught the centre of the village -

5-10mph over speed bumps with low speed turning, the power steering was making a deep kinda droning noise when turning... stopped and restarted the engine - same, but it went away after about 5 minutes of being at standstill - progressively gettin quieter until I couldn't hear anything abnormal..

This morning no sign of it even though I tried to make it come back...

Any ideas (Ford Ka V reg btw)

TIA

Ben

Reply to
Ben Organ

got any fluid in it has it leaked out overnight then? split pipe? getting heavier to steer?

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

Dunno - I'll check the fluid - weird thing is it hasnt done it at all today...

Was no different to normal to steer..

Reply to
Ben Organ

Try a fluid swap. My Ka pissed all its PAS fluid on the driveway and was a lot quieter when it had new stuff put in again. Admittedly, it doesn't sound like it was as loud as your description (maybe when it was running with no fluid :P).

Reply to
Doki